Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Cora's New Mouth


Cora met with the Bern surgeon this past week and her new mouth will be built on December 17th. Of course I'm nervous about the surgery, however, I did really like this surgeon (MUCH more than the Boise surgeon). He seems incredibly more advanced in his methods and is very focused on rebuilding and correcting her little speaking muscles so hopefully she will have less issues with her speech in the future. This concern and focus on rebuilding and connecting the speech muscles is much different than the procedure I understood in the states- in America, the Boise surgeon was more concerned with just closing her hole during the surgery and fixing her speech issues later through speech therapy. Preventative health care is in full focus in this magical country, and I'm very happy to be doing her surgery here. For now, I'm just trying to fatten her up as much as possible, although, this doctor has been the only doctor yet who has told me she is a strong healthy girl and didn't make me feel incredibly guilty that she is super small. 


Besides the doctor visit, Cora, Nat and I went to Luzern on Sunday and explored the oldest covered bridge in the world! I remember going there when I was 16 with my mom (through my high school German club) and I remember it was one of the most majestic, historic landmarks I had ever seen. And this time around, I thought it was just as breathtaking as it was when I was 16. I can't wait to go back again in the summer and see the awesome mountains in that area.

Otherwise, we've just been setting in and getting used to our new, very different and simple little lifestyle over here in Switzerland.

Luzern!





At Thursday play group.

Cora's Cooking! 



Walking with Dad in Bern.

Taking the train to Fribourg to see her Irish buddy Aran.


Playing with 9 month-old Aran.




Eating spaghetti!




Riding side saddle.


Caught red handed throwing her toy in the bathtub.

Luzern.



No comments:

Post a Comment