Monday, February 3, 2014

The Campbell Circus


Often times when I click the "publish" button to complete a blog I feel as if I've also completed some small chapter of my life with Cora. Sometimes I'm very proud to have made it through a tough week and looking forward to the new adventures ahead, but often times I become nostalgic and a bit sad. The latter is why I've been avoiding this post for a few days now … I think I'm in denial that Nat and Barbara really had to leave, and they won't be buzzing on the door intercom any minute here to keep me company, walk Tanner, go to the farm, play with Cora or take an adventure into town. 

We are all very sad, but Nat, Cora and I are unbelievably thankful they were able to come out and help us get our feet on the ground in this difficult and foreign place. Starting directly off with Cora's surgery, they had their hands full helping us all out, from helping translate at the hospital, to helping take care of poor whimpery post-surgery Cora, to simply stocking our fridge when we got home. We were so incredible thankful they were here to help:)

Luckily, Cora unexpectedly recovered so quickly that we had many more weeks of healthy time to play! What a relief to have the surgery over and it was great to have time to get settled and go on a few adventures together. Below are a few photos of the wonderful time we had with Buddy and Pooh Bah. We will all REALLY miss you two. 

At the hospital.


Trip to Murren on the Gondola!



She actually fell asleep in his arms! That hasn't happened in months!



Merry Christmas!


Mr. Dog time.

Swiss AARP trail.



Best view of Fribourg!

Castle exploring.










We miss you guys.



No comments:

Post a Comment